CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 8, 2011

Beginning of Another Week

So, I think instead of giving you a play by play of mine and Aron's day, I will try to just give you the highlights.  Detailing every minute of every day could get old.  Last week was an exceptional week, being the first EVER week of school and all.  But, now the excitement is wearing off and the routine is starting to set in.  Not much happens from hear on out, so when there is something new and exciting to report, I will chronicle THAT.  Ok?  OK.  So, here we go!  :)

Today was the 5th day of school for Aron.  He actually forgot that he had school today.  He suddenly realized as I was making breakfast..."oh yeah, I have school today!"  I have a feeling, as the years go by, that "oh yeah" will turn into "oh man"!  Well, enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.  Mommy got to take him to school again today (our fridge decided to stop working and Daddy stayed home to try to fix it).  As we arrived at school, Aron's buddy, Tre, was arriving with his mom, too!  I am so happy that Aron has made a friend at school.  And during his first week!  That's awesome!  Honestly, I was kinda worried about that.  Typical mommy worries probably.   Well, this morning there was just a quick "love you" and "have a good day" and the two buddies were off to play in the playground and the mommies were off to do whatever mommies do.  This mommy was on her way back home to deal with the fridge issue.  UGH! 

Katelyn was a bit better today...thank goodness.  The fridge issue had mommy and daddy pretty stressed out, so it was very nice to not have our typical routine of "mommy, mommy, mommy" going on in the background.  Nothing really got accomplished except a nap and waiting around for the fridge repairman to show up.  How exciting, huh?  Well, I will spare you the details.  But basically, the freezer works but the fridge does not.  So, the kitchen had food everywhere and two ice chests contained the most delicate dairy products and the frozen goods.  There was going to be no working in the kitchen today.  Which was fine with me really.  I was not in the mood!

I don't know if it was because of all the fridge drama or what, but the day went by SO fast.  I can't tell you if that was a good thing or a bad thing.  It just WAS.  But soon enough, it was time to go get Aron.  Because Daddy took the day off to help with the fridge issues (and deal with the repairman), Katelyn stayed home and Mommy went to pick Aron up by herself.  I swear I caught myself at least two times questioning "oh my goodness, where is Katelyn"!  Phew!  At home with Daddy...good!  I don't know if Aron was glad that Katelyn was not with me or what.  I tried to point it out to him...that it was just him and me for the ride home.  I am hoping that his acting out lately is just because he is wanting attention, the same attention that we give Katelyn.  I don't really think we give Katelyn that much more attention, but...something is going on.   So, I try to talk to him about school during the trip home...you know the typical "How was your day?"and "What did you learn today?".  Last week, his answers were "good" and "I don't remember".  Well, today he told me that he learned two new things.  He learned the word "Yellow" and he learned a song about the color "red".  (I think he probably learned the song LAST week seeing that RED was LAST week's Color of the Week.)  It goes like this:


R-E-D, RED...R-E-D, RED
I can spell RED, I can spell RED
Firetrucks are RED, stop signs are RED too!
R-E-D...R-E-D


It was so cute to hear him sing the song.  He was  pretty on tune too!  That's saying a lot for Aron.  He is not American Idol material, if you know what I mean.  Well, maybe he is...just not the ones that get picked to go to Hollywood!  :)  Well, maybe he will find another talent!

So, Aron still seems to be struggling when he gets home.  He just gets very argumentative with me.  It has been suggested that with him having to restrain himself at school all day, that maybe he is just releasing all that pent up energy.  Someone compared it to when I frost my cookies, and I am squeezing the tube to get the frosting out and it suddenly squirts out from all the pressure.  Well, that is the best way to put it, I guess.  Having to be good all day can be tiring.  So, not only is he probably tired, but he is DONE with being good and holding in all his emotions.  He just doesn't know what to do with it all.  And neither does mommy!  I sure hope it gets better because it is extremely difficult to deal with.  This weekend was just an all out weekend full of his acting out, tantrums in stores and all.  Daddy even had a hard time dealing with it.  And we were stuck in Denver, so we couldn't just go home and give him time out.  It was a terrible weekend.  Anyway, I've gotta figure out how to get him under some kind of control.  Maybe they will learn about respecting your parents in school!  :) 

Well, the second week is underway and while we haven't gotten a routine down at home yet, Aron's routine seems to be fitting him just fine at school!  He likes school.  And that makes mommy very, VERY happy!  Keep up the good work, Aron!  Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment