CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

The End of the First Week

Today was a little bit of a different day.  Normally, Daddy will take Aron to school on his way to work.  But, this morning he had a meeting early in the morning, so Mommy had to take him instead!  So, this morning we made sure that we were all up and ready to go in plenty of time.  We did NOT want a repeat of yesterday when Aron was late.  Things went really quite smoothly!  I was surprised!  We actually had 30 minutes to spare.  You know what that means?  Cartoon time!!!  :) 

Mommy did not want to take the chance of being late again today, so I made sure to have everyone in the car and out of the garage at 8am.  When we got to school, there were only a couple of parents at the gate to the Kindergarten playground and just a few kids inside.  Once one of the teachers arrived to act as playground monitor, I sent Aron in to play.  Before doing so though, I had asked Aron if he wanted me to wait until he went inside his classroom, and he did.  So, Katelyn and I waited at the wall and watched as he began playing with some of the other kids there.  It wasn't long before there were a couple dozen kids running around.  Aron had taken to playing tag with one of the girls.  It was so cute...he was ALREADY chasing girls!  :)   After a while, one of Aron's buddy's arrived...Tre.  Tre is tall and skinny, just like Aron and he is a toehead, too!  So, they kinda look alike!  They took to each other on Open House night on Monday.  Apparently, they have played together ever since.  Well, this morning as Aron was playing, Tre arrived and went over to greet Aron...with a hug!  It was too cute...these two 5 year old boys giving each other a hug in the middle of the playground!  Then it was off to play tag again.  Tre always seemed to be "it".  This went on for quite a while.  When I noticed that Tre was never going to be "it", (Aron is a pretty fast runner) I called Aron over and told him that he should let Tre catch him once in a while.  Otherwise, he might not want to keep playing.  Aron said "ok".  And off they went again.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to see if he would let Tre be "it", because the teacher came out and called them to line up.  I was really glad that I got to take Aron to school this morning.  It was so nice to see him playing with the other kids and fitting nicely into his new routine.  He seemed happy!  And he had a buddy!  That makes Mommy happy, too!

Katelyn and I have settled into our new routine, too!  But, I am not liking our new routine quite as much as Aron is liking his.  That is because our routine is turning into a whiny, crying, fussing, "mommy" kind of routine.  Today was especially bad.  I just have NO idea what is wrong with her.  I wish I did...I would fix it, IMMEDIATELY!  I am quickly learning that it was not ALL Aron...Katelyn seems to be a big part of my daily aggravation.  She was happy when we went out in the backyard for a little while.  Mommy had...you guessed it...MORE weeds to pull.  (I really hate weeds!)  Katelyn managed to entertain herself by playing with her little water play table.  She loves to use a little bucket and take the water from the play table and pour it anywhere!  In the dirt, on the mulch, on the patio.  I don't know why this is so fun.  But hey...she wasn't complaining...so neither was I!  Of course, peace like that can last only so long...the "mommy"s started again and the "thirsty"s.  So, back inside we went.  After a quick snack and something to drink, Mommy was ready for naptime!  Katelyn didn't think that was quite fair, but Mommy overruled and naptime was had!!!  Ahhhh...I LOVE naptime!  :)

Today, I thought it would be a good idea to invite our neighbor, Miss Terry, to come with me to pick Aron up.  Aron loves going over to Miss Terry's house and helping her with yardwork or watering her flowers.  He is always a perfect angel over there.  Maybe it's because she gives him cookies sometimes. :)  Well, Miss Terry is the best neighbor in the world and is also our backup to pick up Aron when and if we can't.  She is on the list as approved to pick Aron up.  So, I thought it would be a good idea for her to go with us, so she could see where to go and see how the procedure works.  Also, the teacher can see her and possible recognize her when she comes to pick him up.  Aron was pretty surprised to see her, and excited!  We also got to meet his little buddy, Tre's grandmother.  Apparently, Tre talks about Aron all the time.  She suggested that maybe the two of them get together to play outside of school.  That's awesome!  Aron's first school friend!

So, it turns out Aron is learning a little more than just coloring pictures of bears after all.  Tonight while I was making dinner, he said "mommy, did you know a rhombus was a square that got hit by a bus?".  Oh really now???  He also had a little song to go with it.  It goes, "A rhombus is a square that got hit by a bus"!  Go figure!  It was super cute though because as he sang the "hit by a bus" part, he tilts his upper body and his hands to the side.  You'd have to see it.  :)  Later at dinner, he showed me some sign language that he learned.  I didn't even know they were learning sign language.  He learned how to sign "forget", "red" (the color of the week), and "music".  That was so exciting to hear!  He is actually LEARNING something!  Yay for school!!!  I made sure to let him know that I REALLY liked hearing about what he was learning in school.  Hopefully, he shares more with me.  I want him to feel special.  Especially now.  I think that he is having some issues lately with not getting the attention from me that he wants.  I don't know what is going on really.  He has just been SO bad in the evening.  Maybe it's that he is tired.  I just hope it gets better.

Well, one week of school down.  It was a pretty good week.  It is still so strange to think that my little boy is in school.  It seemed like such a long wait for the time to come and now that it's here, and past, it feels like all that time before is a distant memory now.  We finally made it!  Now, if we can just make it to First grade!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment