CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Kindergarten Eve

It's the night before Kindergarten and all through the house, not a creature is stirring, not even...Well, you get the point!  Today is the last day of my little boy being a little boy.  Tomorrow, he starts the long-awaited Kindergarten!  It seems like we have been ready for this day FOREVER!!! Aron sure has been ready FOREVER! I really wish he could have started school last year.  Socially and mentally, he was ready.  But the law says what the law says.  Aron was born just one month too late.  No exceptions!  So, we had to wait.  And the waiting nearly killed us BOTH!  Mommy really had her hands full trying to keep this rambunctious 5 year old busy.  And Aron really could have used more structure and more kids to play with.  But, the day is FINALLY here...almost.  Just a few more hours to go.

Aron is SO excited!  We have been talking about this day for weeks, counting down the days on the calendar in the kitchen.  How many more days, mommy?  Last week mommy and daddy got to meet the teacher and see his class.  Parent Orientation, they called it.  It was all really quite confusing for this mommy.  Homework?  Drop off and pick up procedures?  Lunch codes?  Specials?  Folders just for Thursday?  It may take me a while.  Good thing Aron doesn't have to remember all this stuff.  He just has to go with the flow.  This is going to be quite the adventure...for us BOTH!!!  They say he will get the hang of it quickly.  But I'm really worried more about ME than anything!  What if I don't get it???

Today was Open House at the school.  Aron got to see his classroom for the first time and meet his teacher.  We were able to walk around the school and see where the cafeteria was, the gym, the library, the technology room and the music room.  He was SO polite to everyone.  I was so proud of him.  He introduced himself to the teachers and even said "nice to meet you too, Ms. X"!  He loves his room.  He will have 21 fellow classmates...only 7 of them will be girls.  Lots of boys to be rambunctious with.  I hope Mrs. Bowyer can handle it!  ;) 

Well, Aron is bathed, his lunch is made, his clothes are picked out and he is in bed.  I hope he is having dreams of Kindergarten.  My little boy is growing up...so fast!  The day I have been waiting so long for is finally here.  But at the same time, this is the beginning of him growing up.  So, I'm going to try to document as much as I can.  I know he will have a blast in school!  I will miss him...I really will.

No comments:

Post a Comment